Dartmouth is a picturesque coastal town located in Bristol County, Massachusetts, tucked in between New Bedford and Fall River. With a population of around 34,000, the town has a vibrant community that takes pride in the area's natural beauty, including breathtaking beaches and scenic water views. Dartmouth is an ideal location for nature lovers who enjoy outdoor activities, such as hiking and kayaking, or simply relaxing on the beach. It is also home to several charming historic villages, many small businesses, and great restaurants that feature local seafood delicacies.
Dartmouth is home to many quaint villages, all unique in their own way. The villages that can be found in the town of Dartmouth are South Dartmouth, North Dartmouth, Russells Mills, Smith Mills, Hixville, Bliss Corner, and Padanaram. Learn more about Padanaram and South Dartmouth!
Things To Do in Dartmouth
Discover all that you can do in Dartmouth!
- Visit the Lloyd Center for the Environment for interactive exhibits and nature walks.
- Relax at the beautiful beaches, such as Round Hill Town Beach and Apponagansett Beach.
- Explore the various hiking and biking trails at Destruction Brook Woods and Paskamansett Woods.
- Visit the Dartmouth Cultural Center for art exhibits and classes.
- Go kayaking or paddleboarding at the various waterways, including the Slocums River and Apponagansett Bay.
- Take a tour of the historic Russells Mills Village.
- Visit the Dartmouth Mall or the many locally owned shops and restaurants.
- Play golf at the pristine Allendale Country Club.
Learn More About Dartmouth with Demakis Family Real Estate!
If you’re looking to become one of the town’s newest homeowners, contact Demakis Family Real Estate’s nearby Mattapoisett office for more information. You can also create an account to save your searches and receive updates when homes you may be interested in hit the market!