Acushnet is a small town located in Bristol County that was settled in 1659 and incorporated as a town in 1860. It was once an agricultural community and has hosted many industries throughout time, such as manufacturing and construction. Notably, Acushnet is also the original home of the Titleist golf ball! Today, it is mostly a residential community with many winding country roads and a friendly atmosphere.
Acushnet Area Info
As of 2020, the town had a population of approximately 10,500 residents. The town has an area of around 19 square miles, with a population density of 515 people per square mile. Acushnet is also situated near several major highways, including Route 105, 140, and 195. These roadways provide easy access to nearby towns and cities, including New Bedford, Fall River, and Providence, Rhode Island.
Things To Do in Acushnet
There are so many things you can do right in Acushnet:
- Attend the Acushnet Apple Peach Festival, which celebrates the town's orchards, history, and artisans.
- Explore the Stone Bridge Farm, a family-owned cranberry farm offering tours.
- Try your hand at fishing in the Acushnet River or the New Bedford Reservoir.
- Visit the Acushnet Farmers Market, which offers fresh produce from local farms.
- Take a scenic drive through the town's beautiful countryside.
- Enjoy a round of golf at the Acushnet River Valley Golf Course.
Learn More About Acushnet with Demakis Family Real Estate!
If you’re looking to become one of the town’s newest homeowners, contact Demakis Family Real Estate’s nearby Mattapoisett office for more information. You can also create an account to save your searches and receive updates when homes you may be interested in hit the market!