Middleboro, also spelled as Middleborough, is a small town located in Plymouth County, just outside of Cape Cod and about 40 miles south of Boston. It is a quaint town known for its rich history and small-town charm. Middleboro was once known as the "shoe capital of the world," but now is recognized as the cranberry capital, as it is home to Ocean Spray Cranberries' corporate headquarters. The town is also known for its natural beauty, with many parks, ponds, and forests that offer excellent opportunities for outdoor recreation.
Middleboro Area Info
As of 2020, Middleboro had a population of around 25,000 people and an area of 72.2 square miles. The town is conveniently located near several major roads, including Route 495, Route 28, and Route 44. This allows residents easy access to the surrounding area, including Cape Cod and Boston. Despite its proximity to these larger cities, Middleboro retains a small-town feel with a quaint downtown area, charming shops, and locally owned restaurants.
Things to Do in Middleboro
Below are some of the top things to do in Middleboro, Massachusetts:
- Visit the Oliver Mill Park and learn about the location's history.
- Enjoy kayaking or fishing along the Nemasket River that runs through the heart of the town.
- Experience the magic of Christmas by attending the Middleboro Christmas Parade.
- Learn about the town's history at the Middleborough Historical Museum.
- Go on a wildlife adventure at the Rocky Gutter Wildlife Management Area.
- Enjoy a family picnic at Soule Homestead, a beautiful farm with historic buildings and gardens.
Learn More About Middleboro with Demakis Family Real Estate!
If you’re looking to become one of the town’s newest homeowners, contact Demakis Family Real Estate’s nearby Mattapoisett office for more information. You can also create an account to save your searches and receive updates when homes you may be interested in hit the market!